Dr John Celes
What harmony has Universe innate!
-The Maker’s unique gift to all earthlings;
If not for it, our existence would end,
And Creation would be a failure then.
One cell that goes autonomous in you
Can lead to malignancies that can kill;
One neuron that misfires can herald
Muscle spasms, Epilepsies and tics.
One gene that mutates, leads to disorders,
Defying therapy of any kind;
One organ failure affects body’s poise:
Its ultimate harmony and function.
One chromosomal aberration leads
To Inborn errors of metabolism;
One protein formed in lesser quantities,
Gives rise to problems one cannot cope with.
One star that hurtles onto earth can cause
Immense unnatural calamities;
One degree rise in temperature can
Melt down the mountain glaciers and ice.
What harmony intricate has God made!
Each speck of mass obeys Laws of Physics;
And many factors, yet unknown to man
Does play a crucial role in mankind’s fate.
Copyright by Dr John Celes 3-17-2008
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Harmony by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- BROKEN TOMORROW, john chizoba vincent
- We Were Married, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Games People Play, Leria Hawkins
- Who Demand On The God's Lance, Pijush Biswas
- At the moment a bit sentimental, Cigeng Zhang
- HAVE YOU SEEN MY UNCLE., john chizoba vincent
- ADVERSITY, HARDSHIPS, LOVE & DELIVERANCE, Tom Zart
- Thoughts, slave master
- The Old Man and the Bench, Derek Keck
- आंखौ नोँ सना, Ronjoy Brahma