Dr John Celes
What harmony has Universe innate!
-The Maker’s unique gift to all earthlings;
If not for it, our existence would end,
And Creation would be a failure then.
One cell that goes autonomous in you
Can lead to malignancies that can kill;
One neuron that misfires can herald
Muscle spasms, Epilepsies and tics.
One gene that mutates, leads to disorders,
Defying therapy of any kind;
One organ failure affects body’s poise:
Its ultimate harmony and function.
One chromosomal aberration leads
To Inborn errors of metabolism;
One protein formed in lesser quantities,
Gives rise to problems one cannot cope with.
One star that hurtles onto earth can cause
Immense unnatural calamities;
One degree rise in temperature can
Melt down the mountain glaciers and ice.
What harmony intricate has God made!
Each speck of mass obeys Laws of Physics;
And many factors, yet unknown to man
Does play a crucial role in mankind’s fate.
Copyright by Dr John Celes 3-17-2008
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Harmony by Dr John Celes )
- That Second Hand Music, Richard Provencher
- Seven That Second Hand Music (c) 2014, Richard Provencher
- keep slate clean, hasmukh amathalal
- The Holy Cross of Jesus Christ, Dr John Celes
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.31, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.30, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.29, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.28, Monk E. Biz
- A profession, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.27, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 01 And That's How It Is, Shaun Shane
- 02 tired of thought, Shaun Shane
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)