Hard Hurt to Heal
I was in my building's hallway,
In front of my apartment door,
When a stranger made me his prey,
Pushing me down onto the floor.
I screamed and then he beat my face.
Blood was in my eyes, but I could
Hear doors open, then close someplace.
Hoping for help did no good.
When I woke up, I was alone,
Bloody and bruised from the attack.
I knocked on doors of neighbors known.
But no neighbor answered me back.
My neighbors choosing to ignore -
In ways, that really hurt me more.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hard Hurt to Heal by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Selective basis, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -38, Ronjoy Brahma
- white paper, binod bastola
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -37, Ronjoy Brahma
- Rename the sun, gajanan mishra
- Hold color, hasmukh amathalal
- NATURE'S FRAGRANCE, Romeo Della Valle
- Evolution, Is It Poetry
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -36, Ronjoy Brahma
- Tomorrow, Tony Adah