Where comes the darkness
that would swallow October and haunt the moon?
The month that is touched by Lucifer's kiss.
The shadow that would roll across September
darkens as the month grows old and the season late.
All the fallen things of blackness
dance out in celebration, like a child on Christmas morn.
October was the season born on Abel's dying scream!
When a grain offering wasn't enough it cried
'GIVE ME BLOOD! '
And the angel of light basked in the glow from that...
Bewitched moons illumination.
Alas a season a season born of murder.
Death's frosted breath rattles the very leaves from the trees
and sleeps the whole earth in an icy grave, with just one touch,
and Satan's cloven hoof marks pock
the frosted Earth till Heaven's son
steps from the grave and Satan takes his place.
Trucker Jeff's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Haunted October by Trucker Jeff )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Byrne-Milliron at dusk, Jeffrey Tillery
- longest ever tattoo (unfinished), lee fones
- Together..... My Love And I, Lora Colon
- VOICE OF REDEMPTION, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- And...Enter The Children, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Quickened Methods To Destroy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Love Is In The Air, Lilly Emery
- THE MULES' TIME زمن البغال, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sing Along Song, Sandra Feldman
- world war one, lee fones