After the hunting tour
he rested there with his paramour
the setting sun and her face
erased the day's weariness!
As the birds nest-bound fluttered wings
his fingers and hers muttered whisperings
for soon would end the day
and time for the two to go their way!
Now the westerly sun kisses the weeded stones
the wind stops here howls dirgeful moans
the pervading melancholy knows no redress
we are lovers of now and time is merciless!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Haunting by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Garage Sale Blues, Francie Lynch
- No Paper This Morning, Donal Mahoney
- Mister Chamberlain, Roy Blokker
- Brothers, Two..., Denis Martindale
- The One True God, Roy Blokker
- After the Summer, Somanathan Iyer
- The House I Bought?, Dr John Celes
- Resemblance, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- One Single Drop, Kaleb Falin
- Survivor's Guilt, Roy Blokker