Have you ever?
Have you ever?
Have you ever heard a dull needle going through the flesh, cutting as if abrasive taking away the rust?
Have you ever sat next to a child, drops of dextrose separating her skin from her bone, till midnight?
Have you ever been in a bus that spins and rolls down a valley then blood floods all around injured?
Have you ever held your nephew, the innocent baby; dead or with foamy algae in his mouth, choked?
Have you ever been in concrete undergrounds surrounded by curses and insults with men beaten, cry?
Have you ever waken up with a snake circled on your chest or seen a python swallow the rabbit alive?
Have you ever walked for tens of kilometers, in a desert with your feet on a mattress of water-blisters?
Have you ever been to the morgue to visit a friend shot in the forehead and feel his torn brain in hand?
Have you ever stolen your sister-in-law from the hospital before the police take her to mass grave, alive?
There is much to be said;
Many of such,
Talking is very difficult.
Nassy Fesharaki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Have you ever? by Nassy Fesharaki )
- Hero Needed, Barbara Dixion
- The Good Spirit, Sandra Feldman
- Don't Let It Be, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- LOVE IS A DELICATE THING, Marcus McKinley
- Beaming Bolts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It's only human, Priscilla Stalker
- October...come she will., Roxanne Dubarry
- Fly Away, Gerry Legister
- Good For Nothing (Fun Poem 161), David Harris
- I Went, Vera Sidhwa
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)