He is crucified by you, my friend..
Morning chapel visits for the mass,
Prayers before and after every meal,
The reading of stories of saints at night,
His name was mentioned as a comfort.
During the month of Lent,
Purple was the choice of color,
The altars were decorated with candles,
That were made using wax and thread.
I used to see my dear Nuns crying at the church,
When he carried the cross on the shoulder with a hunch,
He fell down thrice drenched in sweat as the exchange,
For the love he has upon his disciples who ravage.
When the crown was adorned on his head,
When the vinegar was given in the bud,
When he talked to the two criminals on both sides,
I used to see my dear Nuns weeping in distress.
Seven stations to stop to remember the past,
Seven colors of rainbow visible at the top,
A rebel in a man, who talked the truth,
At last crucified and then resurrected from the tomb.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (He is crucified by you, my friend.. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Perfect, Awkward Reality, Simon Quperlier
- The Photos, Diane Wakoski
- Thank You Dad, Damian Murphy
- Change Self Attitude and Find the World .., umaprosad das
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- Life may move, hasmukh amathalal
- Baby, You Are Poetry!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Thanking My Mother for Piano Lessons, Diane Wakoski
- Risa, Matthew Hunt