Clouds cleared the sky to blue today
Ocean waves gently swept at the beach.
An egg cracked and a chick came life,
It ran over to its mother to get warm
The red roses opened up to the sunlight
They looked so beautiful to be natural
Rains fell on a drying infant mango tree
A long lost son came back home today;
They have awaited his return for years.
A banquet was prepared long before now
For the father never lost hope of his return,
He is running from what he had become
Running, back home where surely love lasts,
A promise the father made to all his sons
Everlasting, endless love
The doors opened wide to let him in;
Servants blessed him with new clothing.
Songs of joy and happiness were sung,
Sung by hearts that dwelled in the house,
Victory had been gotten, the war won.
The son, father shared a cup of pure wine.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (He returned by Caleb Tukahiirwa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Resurrection, Naveed Khalid
- The Wind, the Sun and the Moon, Anne Stevenson
- On Going Deaf, Anne Stevenson
- In the Orchard, Anne Stevenson
- THINKING OF YOCHANA, Terry Collett
- Poem for a Daughter, Anne Stevenson
- Nivedhitha is a nice girl!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- COPLA 90 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- My crude attempt to assess her happiness, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Making Poetry, Anne Stevenson