He Was Who He Was
His German name was Wilhelm
that's William over here.
His father, mother, sister
all called him Willi dear.
He left home.
Then left again,
until they called him dead.
In another life
he took a second wife
and she would call him Fred.
But that got stale
so he took a hike
to the far side of the hill,
where he wandered around
till he finally found
a gal who would call him Bill.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (He Was Who He Was by Frieda Risvold )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Vikram G. Aarella
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe