Head of Progress
There's a fight, Sir!
By the lockers, Sir!
And Aidan's battered Paul!
Daniel's strangled Jordan
Cos Jordan took his ball!
Isaac's ripped his shirt, Sir!
And Michael spat on Sue!
She was only trying to stop them
And she's got it on her shoe!
The dinner lady left, Sir!
She said she couldn't stay.
Jane's crying in the toilets
And the gerbil got away!
Saqib knocked the cage, Sir!
The door, it just flipped back.
And it ran behind the cupboard
And it's stuck inside a crack!
We poked it with a stick, Sir!
But the powder paint got spilt!
It's covering the carpet
And the castle Connor built!
I think you ought to come, Sir!
Mildred Miles was sick!
And all the boys were yelling,
And Martin threw a brick!
It nearly hit John Bailey
And he stepped on Sama's thumb!
So shall I say you're coming?
She's wants to call her mum.
And shall we get the cleaners?
And can I mop the paint?
The new boy's torn his jacket
And he thinks he's going to faint!
The other teachers said, Sir
That I should come to you,
Cos you're the Head of Progress,
So you'd know what to do,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Head of Progress by Mark Grist )
- Shrine To Beauty, Margaret Alice Second
- My thoughts amid choas, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Am Alive, Akhtar Jawad
- O My Songs, Madhav Sarkunde
- Detester's haste, Hamisi Miriti
- Masibonisane, senzokhaya umhayi
- namhlanje usuku olukhulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- okuhle, senzokhaya umhayi
- babies and dogs, oskar hansen
- God Could be Never Wrong, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos