What I don't get about this girl is how she can make me laugh and smile but at the same time make me want cry.
How is it that the same emotions that make me happy also produce this horrible lump in my chest.
How is it that her actions make it clear that she does not want me yet her words make it clear that she does.
What I don't get is how this beautiful angel, kind and friendly can be so cruel as to drag me along for the ride.
Like a little girl dragging her lunchbox through the mud spilling the fragile pieces on the ground.
The words 'I'm sorry' can only be undertoned by the pitiful cry of 'it's ok'
I am tired of taping my heart back together
Cody Campbell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Heart Broken by Cody Campbell )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
Poem of the Day
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty
- - Μουγγό σκυλί (Greek poem), Giorgio A. V.
- Say You Are One of Them, Aysha Ananse
- Astonished, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Love It So, Edward Kofi Louis