Heart, You Must Be Kind
Heart, you must be kind
for the rest of me is aching.
Just keep beating, keeping time
never ever breaking.
Heart, maybe you don’t understand
that what I feel is taking
a toll on the rest of my body
on all the days I’m waking.
Heart, remember as you beat,
I’m the fool that’s making
a mountain out of a mole-hill.
Still, he has my body shaking.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heart, You Must Be Kind by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Cemetery, John Dadzie
- People Confusion Is, Is It Poetry
- God has been biting his nails again, Mandolyn ...
- Forsaken, Clara Keiper
- LONELY EBOLA, Egbe Chris
- ABROAD في الخارج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Titbit Of Tit, Saanumi ikujuni
- which button makes me disappear?, Mandolyn ...
- hold me with both hands, Mandolyn ...
- we were made for love..., Marshall Gass