HEARTS THAT CRY
Imagine all the silence gone and hearts are heard to cry.
And you can't turn the volumn down no matter how you try.
The orchestra is tuned and bowed. Each heart an instrument.
And every ' woe is me ' is proud. And 'loud's' the song that's sent.
You cover up your ears to block the sounds of hearts that cry.
But that won't turn the volumn down no matter how you try.
The only way to enjoy the day is not to turn them down.
But find the things to do or say that turn them fast around.
The Poetaster Oct/2013
Thomas Adams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (HEARTS THAT CRY by Thomas Adams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- An illegitimate legend, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Happiness, Praveen Gola
- WORDS PLAY, Satish Verma
- Little Fishermen, Edgar Albert Guest
- Snooping 'Round, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Father Of The Man, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Tramp, Edgar Albert Guest
- Curveless journey, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Shut-Ins, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Right Family, Edgar Albert Guest