Heaven And Earth
God created heaven and earth
We were the fashion renew,
God was the creator from birth,
And the sky was also new.
We only knew heaven was higher
Stretched far into unending distance,
Beginning our life and character,
The discovery brought new science.
Created in the celestial realm,
The strong and the weak with strength,
The embryo of transplant intent began,
To oblige the soul in unknown might.
Beautiful colors in nature entrenched,
Hopes springs Gods eternal grace,
Begin the mortal race on a bizarre road,
With new creation of continuous race.
Cold calculated chaos began misgiving,
In the beginning opulence was lost,
Temptation found refuge sauntering,
To the existence of penitent cost.
Mankind suffer rejection and abuse,
Pride took a ride in ungainly pursuit,
To reconstruct the skills we once refuse,
But could not make earth a safer retreat.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Heaven And Earth by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Everywhere but nowhere, SALINI NAIR
- Leopard, gajanan mishra
- Everybody will smile in peace ! ! !, Amitava Sur
- Pursuit Of Wealth Riches Reaches Pinnacl.., Terence G. Craddock
- Flesh Corrupted Pharaoh Youth Dreams, Terence G. Craddock
- The Stench of War, Sunshine Rose
- I shudder, Aftab Alam
- Fight On, Maurice Harris
- LEARNING about the toxicity of your fart.., RIC S. BASTASA
- the life we still live...., RIC S. BASTASA