Heaven And Earth
God created heaven and earth
We were the fashion renew,
God was the creator from birth,
And the sky was also new.
We only knew heaven was higher
Stretched far into unending distance,
Beginning our life and character,
The discovery brought new science.
Created in the celestial realm,
The strong and the weak with strength,
The embryo of transplant intent began,
To oblige the soul in unknown might.
Beautiful colors in nature entrenched,
Hopes springs Gods eternal grace,
Begin the mortal race on a bizarre road,
With new creation of continuous race.
Cold calculated chaos began misgiving,
In the beginning opulence was lost,
Temptation found refuge sauntering,
To the existence of penitent cost.
Mankind suffer rejection and abuse,
Pride took a ride in ungainly pursuit,
To reconstruct the skills we once refuse,
But could not make earth a safer retreat.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Heaven And Earth by Gerry Legister )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Poem of the Day
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR