Amanda May Moore
gazing up at the sky
I know that many have reasons why
they believe in it all
but others prosecutions make them fall
Why? why do we believe in it anyhow?
ask us believers and we will surely avow
but we have no proof to share
us believers will declare that is is there.
rarely will we doubt it-
barely holding it to be touchable-y true
because we are unfairly doubted
but our proof lies in the love He supplies
to be in heaven is to be with the Lord
to know heaven is to know the Lord
to walk to heaven is to walk the paths of the Lord
to love heaven is to love God.
even if we followers are proven to be wrong
in the end, did we not end up where we belonged all along?
we were never with out God
so go on believing that our belief in heaven is odd.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heaven-ly by Amanda May Moore )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1923 - 1998)
(8 December 65 BC – 27 November 8 BC)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Loving is What Christmas is All About, Dorsey Baker
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Good Riddance, Electric Lady
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne