Amanda May Moore
gazing up at the sky
I know that many have reasons why
they believe in it all
but others prosecutions make them fall
Why? why do we believe in it anyhow?
ask us believers and we will surely avow
but we have no proof to share
us believers will declare that is is there.
rarely will we doubt it-
barely holding it to be touchable-y true
because we are unfairly doubted
but our proof lies in the love He supplies
to be in heaven is to be with the Lord
to know heaven is to know the Lord
to walk to heaven is to walk the paths of the Lord
to love heaven is to love God.
even if we followers are proven to be wrong
in the end, did we not end up where we belonged all along?
we were never with out God
so go on believing that our belief in heaven is odd.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heaven-ly by Amanda May Moore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Poetic Sleeping Habits ~there are none, LUVinThe NOW
- Passing No Judgement, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- An odd adventure...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Falling Leaves, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Momentarily, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Zephyr's Army, Argentine Tango
- close, laxami Cards
- My friendly foe, Arnab Chaudhuri
- shut your dirty mouth, Mandolyn Davidson
- Rocking Chair Memories, Nicole GravellPellerino