Heaven's Very Special Child
A meeting was held quite far from Earth
It was time again for another birth.
Said the Angels to the Lord above -
'This special child will need much love.
'Her progress may be very slow
'Accomplishment she may not show.
'And she'll require extra care
'From the folks she meets down there.
'She may not run or laugh or play
'Her thoughts may seem quite far away
'So many times she will be labeled
'different, helpless and disabled.
'So, let's be careful where she's sent.
'We want her life to be content.
'Please, Lord, find the parents who
'Will do a special job for you.
'They will not realize right away
'The leading role they are asked to play.
'But with this child sent from above
'Comes stronger faith, and richer love.
'And soon they'll know the privilege given
'In caring for their gift from heaven.
'Their precious charge, so meek and mild
'Is heaven's very special child.'
aashka thakkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heaven's Very Special Child by aashka thakkar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Summer time to have fun, Arafat Driche
- *Heart...oh...Heart*, Arafat Driche
- 'Oh, Heart''Oh, Heart'..., Arafat Driche
- HearT! ? ...., Arafat Driche
- The Art of Praying, Dr John Celes
- Auto-Abuse, No Charge, not $7.11 @ 7-11 .., LUVinThe NOW
- we won't even have the circus, Mandolyn Davidson
- doing donuts in the mojave desert, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Thank You Trees', Christina Sunrise
- gurudarsanam-indian thought, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath