Heil Herr Herr!
Your picture James on the chip bag
merits a salute
for freshness is not
a small thing
even in the world of greats.
This is far better
than what history
Clement preaching his crusade
Hitler’s massed legions
Mao’s image ten stories high
let God have them,
I will take
your portrait -
and that of a hundred
thousand other chieftains of the market -
who are as welcome in eternity
as is the freshness of your chips.
Poet Other Poems
- * A Prose Quote from Walt Whitman Approp...
- :) God in Texas
- :) Friendship's Costs
- :) Second Cookie?
- :) Two Young Women Starting Well
- :) Marriage Anniversary
- :) Mom Remembered Past Her Death's Ann...
- :) My Dad's Classic Faith
- :) Of Icons That Hum, VROOM and Someti...
- :) Recipe For A Perfect Cup Of Coffee
- :) Reflection on Three Robert Frost Po...
- :) Russia
- :) Yes, Professor Cohen!
- :) Advice To A Poet On Witness Of His A...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (:) Advice To A Poet On Witness Of His Attempted Murder* by Bill Grace )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley