It’s been so long
How have you been?
Who have you been seeing?
What have you been doing since I’ve been away?
Come and talk to me what are you waiting for?
I may be not the person you first knew
But I still hold you in my heart
You never were there
Will it take another lifetime for you to know what was hidden between us?
Have you held on when I was gone?
Will you ever tell me what has been wrong?
Come and talk to me
I am the person you met last November
And I still hold you in my heart
But you never were there
Will it take another goodbye for you to comprehend?
It’s been seven months and still you can’t see
How it’s been and how it should be
Is another goodbye welcoming my hello?
Amalei Masigla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hello by Amalei Masigla )
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Everything is Measured, Aftab Alam
- Butterfly of joy, Aftab Alam
- Chords Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1915 - 2000)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)