Hello Poems - Poems For Hello
Poems about hello. You can read the best hello poems. Browse through all hello poems.
Hello, Soldier! - Poem by Edward George Dyson
Back again 'n' nothin' missin' barrin'
arf a hand,
Where an Abdul bit me, chokin' in the Holy
'Struth, they got some dirty fighters in the
Bull-nosed slugs their sneakin' snipers spat
ters in yer back
Blows a gapin' sort iv pit in
What a helephant could sit in.
Bounced their bullets, if yeh please,
Like the 'oppers in a cheese,
Off me rubber pelt in droves,
Moppin' up the other coves.
So here's me once more at large in
Bay-street, Port, a bloomin' Sargin'.
“Cri, it jumbo.” “Have a beer.”
“Wot-o, Anzac; you're a dear.”
Back once more on Moley's corner, loafin' like
Back on Bourke, me livin' image, not a
Solid ez the day I started, medals on me
Switchin' with me pert melacca, swankin'
with the best
Where the little wimmen's flowin',
With their veils 'n' ribbons blowin'-
See their eyes of bloo 'n' brown
Butterflyin' 'bout the town!
Back at 'ome-oh, 'struth, it's good!
Long, cold lagers from the wood,
Ev'ry cobber jumpin' at you,
Strangers duckin' in to bat you-
“Good ole Jumbo, how're you?”
“'Ello, soldier, howja do?”
Back at Grillo's where the nigger googs his
Plucks his black ole greasy banjo while the
Fish 'n' chips, a pint iv local, and the tidy
Dancin' glad attendance on yeh 'zif yeh was
Trailin' round the blazin' city,
Feelin' all content 'n' pretty,
Where the smart procession goes,
Prinked 'n' polished to the shows,
One among the happy drive-
'Sworth the world to be alive!
Dames ez smilin' ez a mother,
Ev'ry man ver fav'rit brother:
“'Ello, Jumbo, how is it ?”
“Arr there, soldier! Good 'n' fit?”
Takin' hozone at St. Kilder's good enough
Seein' Summer and the star-blink simmer in
Cantin' up me bloomin' cady, toyin' with a
Blowin' out me pout a little, chattin' wide 'n'
When there's skirt around to skite to.
Say, 'oo has a better right to?
Done me bit 'n' done it well,
Got the tag iv plate to tell;
Square Gallipoli surviver,
With a touch iv Colonel's guyver.
“Sargin' Jumbo, good ole son!”
“Soldier, soldier, you're the one!”
Back again, a wounded hero, moochin' up 'n'
Feelin' 'sthough I'd got a fond arf-Nelson on
Never was so gay, so 'elp me, never felt so
Fresh from 'ell a paradise ain't very hard to
After filth, 'n' flies, 'n' slaughter
Fat brown babies in the water,
Singin' people on the sand
Makes a boshter Happy Land!
War what toughened hone 'n' hide
Turned a feller soft inside!
Great it is, the 'earty greetin's,
Friendly digs, 'n' cheerful meetin's
“'Ello, Jumbo, howja do?”
“Soldier, soldier, how're you?”
Comments about Hello, Soldier! by Edward George Dyson
Poems About Hello
- 1. Hello, Soldier! , Edward George Dyson
- 2. Hello! Hello! , Louisa May Alcott
- 3. American Boys, Hello! , Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- 4. Hello, How Are You? , Charles Bukowski
- 5. A Greeting , William Henry Davies
- 6. Greeting , John Greenleaf Whittier
- 7. Greetings! , Anna Akhmatova
- 8. A Greeting , John Greenleaf Whittier
- 9. Hello , Naomi Shihab Nye
- 10. As He Walks Away , Mahmoud Darwish
- 11. The red man says hello , Rg Gregory
- 12. Hello, My Name is Madison , Kenn Nesbitt
New Hello Poems
- Song For Liberation (1), Chan Mongol
- 'My Hello Is Goodbye', Howard Savage
- Hello?, Orlando Belo
- Happy Birthday To You!, Anahit Arustamyan
- Letter By The Loved Lover., Titto Mutny
- My Heart Hurts, DICKSON MSETI
- Only You, Mark Heathcote
- Spring's Ahead, Caylea Seaberg
- Start Of Spring, Trey Bishop
- My Beautiful Hello, Ryan Lee Morris
- carpe diem