Help! I need help from one who is true
True to his spirit, true to what is due
True to his honor, his heart and his name
True to his courage, which no worry can tame
Help do I need, and for what purpose you say?
To convince me to live another dragging day!
To persuade that virtues are virtues still
And have not been 'be-spattered' by the ever turning mill
The mill of vice, the mill of 'modernization'
That has endorsed the entire human population...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Help by Faruzan Anwar )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns