Ogu Henry Chijioke8888
Henry's Advice to his Children (To my Generation)
I lived my life when love was sin.
Followed my dreams, where ever I pleased,
Truths, leaked, they leaked out of the lips i kissed.
Harmattan did freezed, they freezed my skin, even at noon,
The bats and owls did perch, they even perched on the moon.
My home was unknown, grown grass, brown zink, abandoned years,
I gazed at the my future through a mist of tears,
O, Yes, I never disputed my pain, when I was in tears.
I Never dispise the power of love and of lust,
I Learn every lesson, and even the letters of Love and trust,
For this is the pride of the peace and of war,
That is, do speak in a thousand tongues with
Never stay out when the sun goes down,
For perhaps trouble would take you down.
Or even give your words to a whore, for I did it and broke my heart,
This i wrote is a thousand words to behold,
And try your best to be told and be the generations of Gold.
Ogu Henry Chijioke8888's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Henry's Advice to his Children (To my Generation) by Ogu Henry Chijioke8888 )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Persimmon Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- The Read., Meena Somasundaram
- Time is Time, Juliet Languedoc
- The Garbage Is Collected On Thursday, Kyle Schlicher
- Are The Girls For To Be Sold & Bought?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Thirteen, Kyle Schlicher