Edward Kofi Louis
From the land of the Sahara down to the West,
There lies my lover on the Coastal plane of Safi;
Sha abounds in her beauty with true love.
Her beauty is from the Cliffs of Marrakesh,
To the sunshine mountains of Morocco;
Oh Aicha! ! You are gone too soon.
Who has seen her?
For, my heart beats for her love;
Gone too soon was the message at her door-post.
Who can find her for me?
Cos', i ma lonely on my bed;
Who can bring her closer to me?
Cos', i can't sleep at night;
Oh my true lover, you are gone too soon.
I keep on looking for her but,
She cannot be found anywhere;
Who knows where she is?
Tell me if you have a clue;
I do think of her day and night.
One day i will meet you Aicha,
One day you will be there for me;
Tell me if you know where she is.
Edward Kofi Louis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Her Beauty by Edward Kofi Louis )
- ''Heartbeat'', Patricia Grantham
- A Cat Is Always A Cat, Edward Kofi Louis
- Before and After, Aftab Alam
- Like The End Of A Prayer, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Burning Costs of Life, michael walkerjohn
- Elisabeth, Edward Kofi Louis
- Before shutting the lid of the coffin….., Ponniah Ganeshan
- Love is …., SALINI NAIR
- Worldwide Wars, PAUL COLVIN
- दाजाब खालाम, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)