Edward Kofi Louis
From the land of the Sahara down to the West,
There lies my lover on the Coastal plane of Safi;
Sha abounds in her beauty with true love.
Her beauty is from the Cliffs of Marrakesh,
To the sunshine mountains of Morocco;
Oh Aicha! ! You are gone too soon.
Who has seen her?
For, my heart beats for her love;
Gone too soon was the message at her door-post.
Who can find her for me?
Cos', i ma lonely on my bed;
Who can bring her closer to me?
Cos', i can't sleep at night;
Oh my true lover, you are gone too soon.
I keep on looking for her but,
She cannot be found anywhere;
Who knows where she is?
Tell me if you have a clue;
I do think of her day and night.
One day i will meet you Aicha,
One day you will be there for me;
Tell me if you know where she is.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Her Beauty by Edward Kofi Louis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Much Grief, Sadiqullah Khan
- Coffee Republic, Sadiqullah Khan
- Beauty, Claudia Andrea Casas
- Father-son, Nassy Fesharaki
- Aqua Vitae, Sadiqullah Khan
- Family War, Love Green
- Don't Leave Me Alone, Love Green
- The Cry and Smile, Meena Somasundaram
- My First Lover, Love Green
- Learn To Be More Appreciative, Ronell Warren Alman