Edward Kofi Louis
From the land of the Sahara down to the West,
There lies my lover on the Coastal plane of Safi;
Sha abounds in her beauty with true love.
Her beauty is from the Cliffs of Marrakesh,
To the sunshine mountains of Morocco;
Oh Aicha! ! You are gone too soon.
Who has seen her?
For, my heart beats for her love;
Gone too soon was the message at her door-post.
Who can find her for me?
Cos', i ma lonely on my bed;
Who can bring her closer to me?
Cos', i can't sleep at night;
Oh my true lover, you are gone too soon.
I keep on looking for her but,
She cannot be found anywhere;
Who knows where she is?
Tell me if you have a clue;
I do think of her day and night.
One day i will meet you Aicha,
One day you will be there for me;
Tell me if you know where she is.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Her Beauty by Edward Kofi Louis )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Play The Game, Jessie Pope
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty
- The Spirit-World, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Blinded by stress, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Of Fauns Of Satyrs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The next activity, Emmanuel George Cefai
- As aged I, Emmanuel George Cefai
- true friend, Rani Jain
- In laziness begot, Emmanuel George Cefai