Edward Kofi Louis
From the land of the Sahara down to the West,
There lies my lover on the Coastal plane of Safi;
Sha abounds in her beauty with true love.
Her beauty is from the Cliffs of Marrakesh,
To the sunshine mountains of Morocco;
Oh Aicha! ! You are gone too soon.
Who has seen her?
For, my heart beats for her love;
Gone too soon was the message at her door-post.
Who can find her for me?
Cos', i ma lonely on my bed;
Who can bring her closer to me?
Cos', i can't sleep at night;
Oh my true lover, you are gone too soon.
I keep on looking for her but,
She cannot be found anywhere;
Who knows where she is?
Tell me if you have a clue;
I do think of her day and night.
One day i will meet you Aicha,
One day you will be there for me;
Tell me if you know where she is.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Her Beauty by Edward Kofi Louis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- The Sisters Jayne, Randy McClave
- DIVINE FAITH & COMPASSION, Tom Zart
- THEY NAMED ME A NAUGHTY BOY كانوا ينادون.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Night, Apurva Prabhudesai
- MOTHER EARTH SANCTUARY CAFÉ, Suzae Chevalier
- Blazing Temples, Buxton Shippy
- Why Haven't You Spoken Yet, Jake?, Maung Khett Seinn
- snow person, lee fones
- Hanging above the blue, Janet Armstrong