Gone Poems - Poems For Gone
Poems about gone. You can read the best gone poems. Browse through all gone poems.
Andy's Gone With Cattle - Poem by Henry Lawson
Our Andy's gone to battle now
'Gainst Drought, the red marauder;
Our Andy's gone with cattle now
Across the Queensland border.
He's left us in dejection now;
Our hearts with him are roving.
It's dull on this selection now,
Since Andy went a-droving.
Who now shall wear the cheerful face
In times when things are slackest?
And who shall whistle round the place
When Fortune frowns her blackest?
Oh, who shall cheek the squatter now
When he comes round us snarling?
His tongue is growing hotter now
Since Andy cross'd the Darling.
The gates are out of order now,
In storms the `riders' rattle;
For far across the border now
Our Andy's gone with cattle.
Poor Aunty's looking thin and white;
And Uncle's cross with worry;
And poor old Blucher howls all night
Since Andy left Macquarie.
Oh, may the showers in torrents fall,
And all the tanks run over;
And may the grass grow green and tall
In pathways of the drover;
And may good angels send the rain
On desert stretches sandy;
And when the summer comes again
God grant 'twill bring us Andy.
Comments about Andy's Gone With Cattle by Henry Lawson
Poems About Gone
- 1. Andy's Gone With Cattle , Henry Lawson
- 2. Cupid Far Gone , Richard Lovelace
- 3. They Are All Gone Into The World Of Light , Henry Vaughan
- 4. Severed And Gone , Anne Brontë
- 5. Yes Thou Art Gone , Anne Brontë
- 6. Where Has The Time Gone ? , Armas Saastamo
- 7. When Your Hope Is Gone , Blair Jarrells
- 8. A River Rat Has Gone Home , Bob Burnette
- 9. By-Gone Memories , Claire Siguenza Arrazola
- 10. Gone Fishin' , Delmar Pepper
- 11. By-Gone Days , Dorothy M. Huntsberger
- 12. When I Am Gone , Elizabeth Tees
- 13. I'Ve Gone Too Long(Without Democracy) , Frederick M. Markhan
- 14. Where Has My Mother Gone? , Fusayo Butko
- 15. Summer Is Gone , Helen Urda Smith
- 16. Since You'Ve Been Gone , Hosezell Blash
- 17. Sweet Times Gone , Joseph Damico
- 18. The Artist Is Gone , Marianne Bilicki Remishofsky
- 19. 5 Generations Gone Wrong , Natasha Deann
- 20. Gone Beyond The Wall , Steeven A. Smith
- 21. A Time Since Gone , Toni R. Jones
- 22. With Innocence Gone , Vicky L. Stoner
- 23. Gone , Carl Sandburg
- 24. Tis Gone, And For Ever , Thomas Moore
- 25. Dear, Though The Night Is Gone , WH Auden
- 26. Tz'U No. 17 (He Is Gone) , Li Ch'ing Chao
- 27. I Would Not Tarry If I Could Be Gone , Joseph Seamon Cotter
- 28. Where's My Billy Goat Gone To? , Henry Clay Work
- 29. Gone , Elizabeth Eleanor Siddal
- 30. When I Have Gone Weird Ways , John G. Neihardt
New Gone Poems
- Gone Not To Keep Alive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Marbles, Jay Porter
- To Go On So Long Gone, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Alive, Cigeng Zhang
- Gone, Kareem Sameh
- Gone, Gone, Gone, Haha Hehe
- Now That You'Re Gone..., vishal parmar
- #278 Gone, Jimmie Arrington
- When I'M Gone, Sadvansha Munshi
- Cup Song - Anna Kendrick, opium lestre
- carpe diem