Edgar Rendon Eslit
Her idea of a macho man
I’m not into color, height and looks; she said.
Neither that in fame and action, heavens forbid.
Nor in riches and so hunky if I may call.
But he who got principle: he
who could carry me if I fall,
who could wipe my tears if I lost control,
who could bring a smile even in a moonless poll,
who could bring our kids hand-in-hand with pride,
who could prove his love in action not in brawl,
who does a chore happily as duty to ensure.
And walks through the path of being humble.
Then, he certainly is a macho man after all!
Edgar Rendon Eslit's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Her idea of a macho man by Edgar Rendon Eslit )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1878 - 3 May 1916)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1924 - 2000)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Destroyer and Preserver, hafiz qasim
- My Time, Kyle Schlicher
- TEACHER, Shachi Kaul
- Jackals cleverness., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Gibberish, hafiz qasim
- Child Of Mine, Kyle Schlicher
- My Heart Is Heavy, Kyle Schlicher
- Beautiful Dusk, Shachi Kaul
- New year, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Am Ready, Kyle Schlicher