The lamp that hangs from the ceiling
is made locally, one of a kind, and
it shines bright.
On the wall hangs its shadow, as shadows go
it is strong and has many details.
The shadow too has a shadow, a bit to the left,
this one is shifty pale, but one can still see
where it originated.
Alas, the shadow´s shadow too has
a shadow, so pale it hard to see its
ancestor was a lamp as it disappears into
the white wall and history.
A memory of - once upon a time -a dynasty,
until a new locally made lamp appears,
one that is not mass produced,
and has its own bright light.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heredity by oskar hansen )
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think and act, hasmukh amathalal
- Drought, Edward Kofi Louis
- And here we part, Nalini Chaturvedi
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Follow The Light, Edward Kofi Louis
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR