Hesitation Sweats Vile Living Lie
Poetic inspiration can't run dry,
Odd expectations entertains, cannot
Exist in half-light, cuts stalemate gordian knot,
Tears, severs consciousness from inner eye.
Ideal compromised can't satisfy
Critical standards, en bloc rejects as blot
Half-measures, priority lot forgot.
Equivocation pale's failed fear supply.
Sham, hesitation sweats vile living lie,
Inane gambit to ease dread's daily rot,
Time-trap snapped shut once bonding bolt is shot.
ATtempt who will, few still find wings to fly.
Idyll is met when differences dissolve,
ONly love Earth’s mysteries may solve.
(29 March 2013)
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Hesitation Sweats Vile Living Lie by Jonathan ROBIN )
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- Left Before She Was Found, Sierra Staten
- Child in Me, Sierra Staten
- Of the Seven Deadly Sins- Jealousy, Emily Liang
- Crashed Thrones, Abby Bilan
- BMO, A.R Evangelista
- Let it remain, hasmukh amathalal
- Miracle over, hasmukh amathalal
- In The Eyes Of The Lord, Tom Zart
- My feelings, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Autumn Days, Heather Burns
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)