Joanna Maria Lozano
Hey, could you please turn around?
Please never mind how I sound
I just want you to look at me
Cause it's your face I long to see
Hey, could you give me that smile?
The one you give to that girl across the aisle?
I just want you to smile at me
So my heart will dance in glee
Hey, could you laugh with me?
Like you and her used to be?
Baby it's your charming laughter
My ears are longing to hear
Hey, can I hold you?
The way she would always do?
My arms are so eager to wrap around you
Baby please don't say 'no'
Hey, can I love you?
No you don't have to love me too
Besides I won't ever let you know
That all this time, I've been loving you
Hey, could you just turn around now?
Joanna Maria Lozano's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hey by Joanna Maria Lozano )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1895 - 1985)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- lux et umbra, Ann Dow
- S.O.S., Sandra Feldman
- Something is in the House, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Tragedy and Comedy, Eugene Levich
- Bound to thaw, george albot
- Not Obligated To Offer Options, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The taste of love, JJ Evendon
- Greeting Cards, Sara Fielder
- The Lorry From The North, Tony Adah
- Father's Admonition, Tony Adah