Joanna Maria Lozano
Hey, could you please turn around?
Please never mind how I sound
I just want you to look at me
Cause it's your face I long to see
Hey, could you give me that smile?
The one you give to that girl across the aisle?
I just want you to smile at me
So my heart will dance in glee
Hey, could you laugh with me?
Like you and her used to be?
Baby it's your charming laughter
My ears are longing to hear
Hey, can I hold you?
The way she would always do?
My arms are so eager to wrap around you
Baby please don't say 'no'
Hey, can I love you?
No you don't have to love me too
Besides I won't ever let you know
That all this time, I've been loving you
Hey, could you just turn around now?
Joanna Maria Lozano's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hey by Joanna Maria Lozano )
- Beautiful valleys, David Boyce
- Dust Devils, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Threat To My Love, Claude Simpson
- Core Of Mistrust, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Motive Is The Focus, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- macarana, Cee Bea
- Gathering Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Casting Out My Worries To You, Monterio Hill
- The Initiation, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- Circular Cycle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1886 - 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)