The warm spring sun meshed with its cool breeze,
Hit my light jacket as I walked on carefully arranged stones to the table.
I pulled out my work and set it down.
He sits next to me and echoes my action.
He watches me from across the piece of glass separating us.
The heat he brings to my cheeks every time he looks at me returns and is cooled once the breeze whistles by.
I see him reach out for a speaker and play his favorite layout of music.
The sound of country rings through out the air.
I look around at all the trees as I breath in the smell of fresh cut grass.
I scoot closer to him and he looks at me with the same blue-gray eyes that I’ve loved since the first time out paths crossed.
I gently brush my fingers across his paper helping him with his work.
He suddenly took my hand and tilted my head towards him.
The taste of his oh so sweet familiar lips on mine warm my essence.
His kisses are the flowers of love in full bloom.
Every moment I spend with him I feel more and more loved.
There’s nothing I could ask more of him than that.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Him by Andrea Vukovic )
- If I am just a Character, Felicia Manning
- Only if..., Ntando.B Da poet
- Patience & Acceptance, Tom Zart
- I am a stream, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- THE WIDOW, john chizoba vincent
- They Are The Bamiyan Buddhas, You Fire N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mundamala Kali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- LETTER TO A MOTHER 2, john chizoba vincent
- The Festival of Lights, Deepawali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- To Loving Partha Sarothi -A Token Of Love., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns