The warm spring sun meshed with its cool breeze,
Hit my light jacket as I walked on carefully arranged stones to the table.
I pulled out my work and set it down.
He sits next to me and echoes my action.
He watches me from across the piece of glass separating us.
The heat he brings to my cheeks every time he looks at me returns and is cooled once the breeze whistles by.
I see him reach out for a speaker and play his favorite layout of music.
The sound of country rings through out the air.
I look around at all the trees as I breath in the smell of fresh cut grass.
I scoot closer to him and he looks at me with the same blue-gray eyes that I’ve loved since the first time out paths crossed.
I gently brush my fingers across his paper helping him with his work.
He suddenly took my hand and tilted my head towards him.
The taste of his oh so sweet familiar lips on mine warm my essence.
His kisses are the flowers of love in full bloom.
Every moment I spend with him I feel more and more loved.
There’s nothing I could ask more of him than that.
Topic of this poem: love
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Him by Andrea Vukovic )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1914 - 1955)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christ: The Light Of The World, Denis Martindale
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- The Bridge of New York's Beauty..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Hiking Limerick, Mr. Spock
- Christmas Tree, Mr. Spock
- The Star, The Wish, The Coming..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Christmas Star, Mr. Spock
- From Drunk Pete Diary, Adeosun Olamide
- folding my hands, Mandolyn ...
- we never try to smile, Prophmatt . . .
- Compunction, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Strange Random Thoughts For A Fireside C.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR