His Dog Is His Best Friend
She loves and lives with another now his former wife
But his dog remains with him his true friend for life
And for as long as she lives his dog with him will stay
Just for a few pats and a feed every day.
Since dogs are ever faithful for that is their way
He knows that his dog him would never betray
When he comes home from work him she's happy to see
Your dog's love for you a true love would you not agree?
Of cruelty to animals we hear of and read
And the one cruel to animals is a cruel one indeed
And since your animal for cruelty unable to sue
The Karma you sow is what will be your due.
The only true friend that he has in the town
His dog is the one who would not leave him down
On his arrival home from work she does patiently wait
And she wags her tail for to greet him at the gate.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (His Dog Is His Best Friend by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Boxed, Barisan Chatterjee
- The Figure of a Priest, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Night and heavens, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Rattling, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Half moon, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Hand That moves round, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Round and round The nymph Danced, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Down By The Sea, Lilly Emery
- The Taxi Ride, Nick krakana
- Wild night birds, Emmanuel George Cefai