His Dog Is His Best Friend
She loves and lives with another now his former wife
But his dog remains with him his true friend for life
And for as long as she lives his dog with him will stay
Just for a few pats and a feed every day.
Since dogs are ever faithful for that is their way
He knows that his dog him would never betray
When he comes home from work him she's happy to see
Your dog's love for you a true love would you not agree?
Of cruelty to animals we hear of and read
And the one cruel to animals is a cruel one indeed
And since your animal for cruelty unable to sue
The Karma you sow is what will be your due.
The only true friend that he has in the town
His dog is the one who would not leave him down
On his arrival home from work she does patiently wait
And she wags her tail for to greet him at the gate.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (His Dog Is His Best Friend by Francis Duggan )
(1644 - 1694)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Elinor Morton Wylie
(7 September 1885 – 16 December 1928)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Using Particles Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sentiments And Wilful Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- alright fine, i'll go crazy again, Mandolyn ...
- Pictures Of Fame, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Vaders gaan niet dood, Madrason writer
- Desires Finding Their Places, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Joyful Sounds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Last Horizon, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- i want to weigh the moon with you, Mandolyn ...
- Italian Birthday Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak