Andrew David Dalby
His perfect kiss
Based on an idea by Deseree x
With a surging swirling deep within;
I rest myself upon his luscious lips so red.
It is a tryst that melts away the hints of sin,
With this sweet life, so well sustained;
From the heaving of my beating heart,
To the pulsing of my throbbing veins.
Yet, his is not so much a sweet kiss
That brings warmth and tender bliss
Instead it brings forth lust and pain:
But his voice is such a sweet refrain,
And he drinks so deep my death is near
Oh will my soul still weep a bitter tear?
Eden, is the promise now vainly made,
As a light from my eyes now start to fade;
So mesmerized, I am, of this my lovers kiss
I wrestle in the dark with ghosts and mist
Now I start to sense his so rotting flesh,
But his golden gaze leaves I enmeshed.
A brief moment of ecstasy can be felt,
He ends his kiss and deaths been dealt.
Am I now forced to suffer an eternal curse,
Of hundreds years of night and life perverse?
Will I now stalk the Earth forever in pain;
With a lust for blood that will never wane?
Will the full yellow sun now slowly cracked
Upon the horizon lift turn my skin to black?
For through his promise and his bitter kiss
I have built a wall against my soul to bath,
So, now I curl among the waiting dead
And here I kneel to my masters lower path.
Andrew David Dalby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (His perfect kiss by Andrew David Dalby )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- When I admire you (Rubliw), Gert Strydom
- ETC2, shuvo chakraborty
- A falling leaf, Manthra Hariharan
- Christmas Invite, Francisco R. Albano
- My Lord, abdulrazak aralimatti
- Jaundice jaundice, gajanan mishra
- Home coming, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Repetition Compulsion Syndrome, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- ETC1, shuvo chakraborty
- Gamble with faith, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.