Hold You Close: Hold You Forever
Why did you had to go away,
Far from me; far from my love,
Why you left me alone to drown,
Making me cry; forcing my smiles to frown!
Let me know dear,
Why you walked out,
I would not create a scene,
I would not shout.
I have no one to hear,
No one too far, no one too near.
Why don't you forget all,
And run back running,
With bouquets of roses,
On my knees,
I shall be waiting.
Days are cold; lonely and numb,
There are some desires ripened like plum,
Just bless me with a chance,
To say all my heart out,
Baby girl, just walk back to me,
I would not cry,
I would not shout.
Just stand with bundle of colourful roses,
Arms spread sparkling with love.
And moment you come near,
Shall hold you close,
Shall hold you forever...
Ankur Thakur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hold You Close: Hold You Forever by Ankur Thakur )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Friendship, Henry David Thoreau
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Merry Christmas, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Diversity, hafiz qasim
- my Poetry, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Thought About You, Michael P. McParland
- The World, Michael P. McParland
- The Wind, Michael P. McParland
- Maker of Sensibilities, hafiz qasim
- View from my heart, chazz blomme
- ..., Frank Sobolewski
- As Human, hafiz qasim