His words lay there for us to hear;
But as Flesh we are, the truth we cannot bear.
Also as homo sapiens we are; we've reviewed our retrospect perspective of his words;
Defilling His very words,
and taking up the swords.
Enquiring solitude in my solemn moments, from multitudes;
How futile my venture turns out to! Because they also are destitutes.
Also as deprived of that comfort I seek, are they poor;
so proud to admit, so the fall.
In our enthusiasm to procure answers; we've forgotten to ask Him!
For every one that asketh, receiveth;
and he that seeketh findeth.
When cataclysmic experiences finally occur;
we lament at His name and recur.
We quote from His books and His songs.
Now humble we are, asking him to recall.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Holy Word' by Kolade Seun )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What to tell, hasmukh amathalal
- HAPPINESS, LIFE & LOVE, Tom Zart
- Born Again, Tony Adah
- I care less, hasmukh amathalal
- Final Page, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hermit, Neela Nath