Oh! What a cause to lament for;
the pollard has been cut off, the strong Iroko is now sore.
The polemics have been extra-ordinary in their new clone.
Oh! See what exility has done!
Oh! How true it turns out: the best way to enslave a tree is by deculturizing it from its root.
Oh! Now it thinks she has a new look...cute.
Let the tears flow,
black pride has gone low.
Polarized perspective about the soil.
Oh! How deculturized thy soul is...
How egalitarian does thou see thy fellow tree now?
No, they are too natural before thou.
They've not been through the same process as thou;
so they are so small...
How grown within the short time, has thou been wallowing in thy depth of egocentrism?
Oh! If thou eyes are full cos of this lost soul...
Prepare to let it flow!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Lost Tree' by Kolade Seun )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Let me start afresh, gajanan mishra
- selfie, ko the skipper
- In Search Of Americans, Joe Sadeghloo
- Write down everything, gajanan mishra
- Leap in time, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Soul Is A Traceless Wound, mary douglas
- A Pink Chalk Moon Rising Behind A Blue H.., mary douglas
- GALE'S MEDAL, Terry Collett
- Listen To Me, I am Talking, Ali Faisal
- That There Should Be Flowers There, mary douglas