Oh! What a cause to lament for;
the pollard has been cut off, the strong Iroko is now sore.
The polemics have been extra-ordinary in their new clone.
Oh! See what exility has done!
Oh! How true it turns out: the best way to enslave a tree is by deculturizing it from its root.
Oh! Now it thinks she has a new look...cute.
Let the tears flow,
black pride has gone low.
Polarized perspective about the soil.
Oh! How deculturized thy soul is...
How egalitarian does thou see thy fellow tree now?
No, they are too natural before thou.
They've not been through the same process as thou;
so they are so small...
How grown within the short time, has thou been wallowing in thy depth of egocentrism?
Oh! If thou eyes are full cos of this lost soul...
Prepare to let it flow!
Kolade Seun's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Lost Tree' by Kolade Seun )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(August 5, 1934)
Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Blue Roses, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Nothing Seems Right, Andrew Butler
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie
- You Keep The Sea, Naveed Akram
- There's nothing like dance, Yisel Chong