Sing Songs flying bird.
Sonorous voice fill the air.
Pressured lyrics fill my ear.
Sound of purity, wash the soul.
Drown the sound of the awful owl.
As a machine revving in the day,
thy voice governs the revving in the night for the whole.
You soar high and rule the sky in the day and night, in fairness and equity.
Reveille! Lazy sleepy headed siblings.
He is ready to shew its dexterity,
ready to enrich the pocket of our souls.
Humbly I stand on my feet.
Teach me and my siblings,
for we crave to live and live free.
We long to sing, and sing well.
We acknowledge thy dexterity.
Never forsake us we plead.
Kolade Seun's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Azure Bird by Kolade Seun )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Shappired Demon, Dwitun Basumatary
- Across the Universe, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Red Wine and Honey, Eugene Levich
- Recollections of a Devil, Dwitun Basumatary
- North peaks, Dwitun Basumatary
- EVOKING IMAGES, Satish Verma
- Bewitched, Dwitun Basumatary
- Once More, Marites C. Cayetano
- Now it is my turn, gajanan mishra
- The Riches, Cee Bea