Sing Songs flying bird.
Sonorous voice fill the air.
Pressured lyrics fill my ear.
Sound of purity, wash the soul.
Drown the sound of the awful owl.
As a machine revving in the day,
thy voice governs the revving in the night for the whole.
You soar high and rule the sky in the day and night, in fairness and equity.
Reveille! Lazy sleepy headed siblings.
He is ready to shew its dexterity,
ready to enrich the pocket of our souls.
Humbly I stand on my feet.
Teach me and my siblings,
for we crave to live and live free.
We long to sing, and sing well.
We acknowledge thy dexterity.
Never forsake us we plead.
Kolade Seun's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Azure Bird by Kolade Seun )
- My Ego & my Wife, Laxman Rao
- Seed of Revenge, Oduro Bright Amoh
- In The Blue, Spiritwind Wood
- Love me when I am afraid to lust, Nancy Handabile
- Chilled Petal, Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel ..
- Yes, We Are Nigeria, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- 1960, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Days Gone, Spiritwind Wood
- Spark of a thought, Laxman Rao
- A Judgmental Society, Savino Terrazas
Poem of the Day
- Nettles, Vernon Scannell
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet 14 - If thou must love me, let it.., Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY, Vivek Tiwari
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)