John Thorkild Ellison
Hook, Line, and Sinker
I've measured my life out with Buddy Holly tunes
And pints of beer, and even coffee spoons,
I've prayed somebody would return my love,
I've prayed to the Devil Himself, and to the Lord Above!
Whatever you think it's a bloody shame
That the woman I love says I'm to blame
For the feelings I have, because I had no choice,
I was simply bewitched by the sound of her voice.
I've tricked myself into hoping for more
But it's just a charade and I know the real score,
I know that I'm just an acceptable friend,
My love's not wanted and that is the end.
It isn't easy to see and not to touch,
To restrain your behaviour when you feel so much,
But I guess there's nothing else I can do,
I'm completely besotted and hooked on you! !
John Thorkild Ellison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hook, Line, and Sinker by John Thorkild Ellison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Sand, Joey Jones
- Variations, Kewayne Wadley
- T, Vinaya Joseph
- माँ गंगा Maan Ganga (Hindi), S.D. TIWARI
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz