Hope Through Faith
A faith in God is bigger than, the understanding of common man,
It’s a Hope that many don’t see, on this temporal side of Eternity.
The Christian’s hope, continues on, when all earthly hope is gone,
A hope beyond this present earth, hope in God, of Eternal Worth.
Our hope is more of a certainty, of the things that we do not see,
An eternal kingdom soon to come, ushered in by God’s own Son.
This certainty is the basis for, our inner peace and so much more,
A hope centered on Jesus Christ, this as we live out our daily life.
We’re given a sense of security, in an earthly Kingdom, yet to be,
And who do we receive this from, The Eternal Ruler sure to come,
Soon to return, in all His Majesty, to rule upon earth, into Eternity,
To reign over all, not just some, while on His Throne in Jerusalem.
It’s not just knowing God above, but accepting the Savior’s Love,
Who became a curse upon a tree, so all who believe live eternally,
To grant real Hope, to everyone, who believes in God’s Only Son,
Who became for all a Sacrifice, so that man could enter Paradise.
With present life, temporal friend, our worldly cares soon will end,
When we hear the Trumpet sound, we’ll be lifted from this ground,
To meet Christ, up in the clouds, gathered round His Holy crowds,
As present hope becomes reality, not just for now but for eternity.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hope Through Faith by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1924 - 2000)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Mark Strand
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Arrivals, Maylee Bossy
- TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS, Eugene W. Miller
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Bell, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- On Pain, Khalil Gibran
Poem of the Day
- Nine Views of the Huangshan, Paul Hartal
- Trying to Say Goodbye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Autumn, Leong Ming Loong
- Colors, Tom Squires
- वक्त का तकाजा है vakt ka takaaja hai, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lesson Learnt, Leong Ming Loong
- Pleasantries (Ghazal), Akhtar Jawad
- In love power, hasmukh amathalal
- Arrivals, Maylee Bossy
- Companionship, Leong Ming Loong