Dr Ronnie Bai
How Could I
How Could I?
How could I drown in the deep sea of sickness
When you lock around my frail frame your frailer arms
As giant floats for my shipwrecked body?
How could I choke under the thick seaweed of sickness
When I hear your chiming voice of comfort
That refills with air my emptied lungs?
How could I sink into the squelching silt of sickness
When your searching eyes spear the surface
Your windlass straining to pull up the chain?
How could I end our sea journey for sickness
When the double union knots I made with you
Become tighter as the seas become higher?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (How Could I by Dr Ronnie Bai )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Invited You To Visit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A New Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bluened Tones, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Thirst, Aufie Zophy
- Enchanting Essence And Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Much more, Aufie Zophy
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock
- Crying Sun, Bill Cantrell
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MAN LIVES ONE TIME ON OUR EARTH الانسان .., MOHAMMAD SKATI