Bijay Kant Dubey
How Long Will She Remain A Side-Heroine?
How long will she remain a side heroine, will go parting as,
Let her be a heroine,
How long will she go giving her life,
Let her be a heroine,
As she all the virtues in her
Which the hero too does not have,
Which the heroine too possesses it not, say you?
The side heroine too is not lees than, but her part too small,
Her role so short
That we cannot,
What it is in her,
How the goodness of her self!
To die for the heroine is not good as because it is but the side heroine
Who but consoles the broken self,
But after being consoled, the hero forgets it,
Consolation in rejection
And starts running after the heroine,
Which is not good at all.
To show the hero in such a way is not good as because he
Cannot be bigger than life-size,
The silver screen cannot picturize life really
And what we see is not true.
The side heroine too is a beautiful girl,
Quite innocent and ignorant,
Very-very simple from her within,
Break not the heart of hers,
She too will weep inconsolably.
She is a good girl indeed, but the directors present her,
Take the things away from her
And leave her on the path of life,
At the cross-road of life
To go away to her homestead,
Oh, the poor girl, I pity you!
The side heroine too has a heart, a soul and a soft corner within her,
You please break it not,
Break it not please,
The lovely and lonely heart of hers!
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How Long Will She Remain A Side-Heroine? by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- Perfection, Donnie Wolff
- Defiled, gajanan mishra
- Be It Trivial And Mundane, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Every creature, gajanan mishra
- How Juice From Fruit Is Produced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Once Indifference Is Shown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- empty without you, Liss March
- Synchronized Heartbeats, Jamal Brown
- New beginnings, Mary Bone
- If You Took The Time To Care, Ronell Warren Alman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns