Bijay Kant Dubey
How Long Will She Remain A Side-Heroine?
How long will she remain a side heroine, will go parting as,
Let her be a heroine,
How long will she go giving her life,
Let her be a heroine,
As she all the virtues in her
Which the hero too does not have,
Which the heroine too possesses it not, say you?
The side heroine too is not lees than, but her part too small,
Her role so short
That we cannot,
What it is in her,
How the goodness of her self!
To die for the heroine is not good as because it is but the side heroine
Who but consoles the broken self,
But after being consoled, the hero forgets it,
Consolation in rejection
And starts running after the heroine,
Which is not good at all.
To show the hero in such a way is not good as because he
Cannot be bigger than life-size,
The silver screen cannot picturize life really
And what we see is not true.
The side heroine too is a beautiful girl,
Quite innocent and ignorant,
Very-very simple from her within,
Break not the heart of hers,
She too will weep inconsolably.
She is a good girl indeed, but the directors present her,
Take the things away from her
And leave her on the path of life,
At the cross-road of life
To go away to her homestead,
Oh, the poor girl, I pity you!
The side heroine too has a heart, a soul and a soft corner within her,
You please break it not,
Break it not please,
The lovely and lonely heart of hers!
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How Long Will She Remain A Side-Heroine? by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- Spaces Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Know Why Old People Are Sometimes Very.., Shalom Freedman
- Speaking Loudly, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Sure, Michael McParland
- Into The Air, Robert Eckstein
- Loving you, Jesus James Llorico
- Fly away, Sagrario Garcia
- Killing Me Softly, Electric Lady
- Shh...I'm Hiding, Shrey Anand
- Faith in Christ!, Shaila Touchton
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1927)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)