I hunched over the book of thoughts,
Contemplating the photograph,
Promising the exact inches of my thoughts,
Pumping the knees ever vigorously,
Strained by the conversation,
Then letting dozens of ants go by.
I read the mystery of a day that conspired,
In elegant italics it was written of menace,
Straightening the records,
Keeping comfort on the retreat,
Imagining myself with so many eyes and ears
That faltered and dismayed the senses.
Rebellious moments condemn us further,
Chickens have yoghurt to love,
The idea of milk has passed,
With fruit of the stalks to be contained,
And then the marches are on,
By the soldiers of relish and muddy waters.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hunching by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Eveningsong, Elizabeth Shield
- Chords Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Composite Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Journal Editors Calling Themselves C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- until we end up in the same tent..., Mandolyn ...
- At First Sight, Elizabeth Shield
- Recognition Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- बिमा, Ronjoy Brahma
- i still weep for June~, Mandolyn ...
- Uncombed Sanctity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak