Hurricane Sandy hit like an atom bomb
Consuming the helpless in her path.
The waters of the deep surged forth
Flooding everything with its wrath.
The best of the brave was seen by man
While rescue crews were helping others.
They risked their life and laid it on the line
To save our sisters and brothers.
May heaven show mercy upon the lost
Never to love, laugh sing or cry
God bless every man, woman and child
Who before their time had to die.
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
By Tom Zart
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom Zart www.internetvoicesradio.com/t_zart/
http: //www.veteranstodayforum.com/viewforum.php? f=38
'To book Tom Zart for guest appearances, product, or services, contact Raymond L. LaPietra-Exclusive Personal Manager,913-681-7750 (office) , firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail) ,
Comments about this poem (Hurricane Sandy by Tom Zart )
- Cuckold's Plea, Donal Mahoney
- Thrilling night, Sneha Celine
- Love Is Not A Feeling, Margaret Alice Second
- a symphony, Cee Bea
- one shouldn't, Neelapu Suresh
- Spring Wood, Knutsford: my place of play, Mark Heathcote
- Mrs. Ullrick, Akhtar Jawad
- See the Beauty of Heaven, Aftab Alam
- Changes after being In love, Sneha Celine
- The Tailor's Daughter - III (The Underw.., Chris Zachariou
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(9 February 1874 – 12 May 1925)