Hurricane Sandy hit like an atom bomb
Consuming the helpless in her path.
The waters of the deep surged forth
Flooding everything with its wrath.
The best of the brave was seen by man
While rescue crews were helping others.
They risked their life and laid it on the line
To save our sisters and brothers.
May heaven show mercy upon the lost
Never to love, laugh sing or cry
God bless every man, woman and child
Who before their time had to die.
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
By Tom Zart
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom Zart www.internetvoicesradio.com/t_zart/
http: //www.veteranstodayforum.com/viewforum.php? f=38
'To book Tom Zart for guest appearances, product, or services, contact Raymond L. LaPietra-Exclusive Personal Manager,913-681-7750 (office) , email@example.com (e-mail) ,
Comments about this poem (Hurricane Sandy by Tom Zart )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- The actor and the witness, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Possessive of God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The forbidden ritual, Mark Heathcote
- WHEN ON ME THEY CANNOT FEED, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Fragility, Akhtar Jawad
- Reading History and Thinking of Today (S.., Luo Zhihai
- Tough Love (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- We Did Not Choose To Be, But We Are (Qu.., Cynthia BuhainBaello
- THE REALITY, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Dream, Neela Nath