Hurt (To My Husband)
How can you hurt me?
And feel nothing at all
And fail on your promise
To catch me when I fall?
Does it make you feel better?
When you call me bad names
Does it boost your ego?
So you don’t feel no pain?
I was always so proud
To be your wife
And had all these dreams with you
Of a wonderful life
But when you walked out
And gave up without trying
You took a piece of my heart
And left me with crying
We're over, we're done
You no longer care
You made your decision
How it that fair?
You shut down and turned off
Every feeling you had
And left me with regrets
And memories we had
I’ve tried and tried
And you keep saying were through
It makes me wonder
Did I ever matter to you?
How can you hurt someone?
You promised to always love
And act like it doesn’t bother you
When it’s obvious it does
But you’ve made this choice
And it doesn’t matter that I’m blue
And I’m crazy to say this
But I’ll always love you!
Beverly Brown's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hurt (To My Husband) by Beverly Brown )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Mangos and Monkeys, Kim Barney
- Mack, Kim Barney
- Who Told You That?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Two Friends, Kim Barney
- Happy Birthday, Jesus!, Mitta Xinindlu
- Paint my Souls, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Logic in Rhyme 5, Kim Barney
- What about counry, hasmukh amathalal
- Heart on Fire, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes