r james sterzinger
Hymn to Abduction...With Thanks to Norman Who Inspired This
The evening sigh pours
Out of me
I have no recourse
The night opens
It flushes out the light
Low at first
Light, like a hummingbird's song
Then the darkness settles in
Hope light and love
They are seated down
Then love is ripped from hope
Love, is taken by the neck
(Or at least what I recognize as love
It might be a bad abduction)
And it is strangled passionately
Like a rose to the frost!
Love takes courage
I use to have that courage;
Now I run from the battle's call
I am wounded,
I am a coward!
Remembrance of you
What could have been
Chases me like a pack of hounds.
I have taken to the river now
The waters are up to my neck
Will I get away?
r james sterzinger's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hymn to Abduction...With Thanks to Norman Who Inspired This by r james sterzinger )
- Ego Control, Ali Faisal
- Coming Home, Randy McClave
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
- Today is but tomorrow..., David Lessard
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- falling down a well, well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)