When I look, I see – for if I cannot, my life would be one of darkness.
But I can, and the path that I follow always leads me to a brighter place.
When I hear, I listen – for if I cannot, the rhythm of life will not be heard.
But I do, and the sounds of early morning songbirds makes me feel good.
When I touch, I feel – for if I cannot, everything would be as cold as ice.
As I do, I sense the warmth of everything good around me.
When I breathe, I smell – for if I cannot, the air would be poorer for it.
But l can, and this makes my life all the more richer.
When I eat, I taste – for if I cannot, nothing but blandness hones my buds
As I do, so my waist grows larger for what I have pleasantly savoured
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I by JJ Evendon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- From Womb To Womb, Dennis Lange
- Seasons, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- I searched, hasmukh amathalal
- Dictionary, manthra har
- Car trouble, manthra har
- My Angel On Earth, Johnny Goyena
- Fore-as the forename, manthra har
- My Wish For You, Johnny Goyena
- Very unique lovecraft!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Whiskey, Pradip Chattopadhyay