I Am Just Reminiscing
Thousands of miles from this Southern Land to that far Northern Shore
And even further from those high fields of green old Claramore
At the foot of Clara mountain that forever has looked down
On the countryside now known as Duhallow that borders Millstreet Town.
To that green countryside where the Blackwater flow
The Seasons they come and the Seasons they go
It was an old country when Fionn was in his prime
And the old Celtic bards by it inspired to rhyme.
The dipper pipes his scratchy notes in the babbling rill
That flow downland through the high field by the hill
Since I was a young boy fifty Summers have gone
And though people come and go Nature always lives on.
What has been gone forever and nothing does last
But I'm one of those who likes to cling to the past
I am from the hills of the brown mountain hare
Far distant from this great Land even by air.
I am just reminiscing that is not a crime
Of what has been for me a much happier time
And though for my Boyhood I do not shed nostalgic tears
For me at least they were my happiest of years.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am Just Reminiscing by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- SHARING GOD'S GIFTS, Tom Zart
- So Hard, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- I wish to tell you, gajanan mishra
- LOVE....................., BUNMI OROGUN SAMUEL
- My Mind Paints, Kyle Schlicher
- The Black Cat With The Burning Eyes Jump.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Chatia Baba, The Lord of The Woods!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Held You In My Arms, Kyle Schlicher
- i'm tired..., Cherryl Ann Ilustre
- Poetess, Angela Khristin Brown