I Am... Me
When I think of what life would be like if I was different.
A person more outgoing and courageous.
Someone who isn't afraid and not ashamed of being herself.
One who can let go and not feel inferior to the ones she holds dear.
To be able to talk easily to more than one person at a time and
not be embarrassed that I'll do or say something to push people away.
But when I think of this, it's showing my true fears which hold me back from seeing who I really am, a good friend; one who is loyal and kind.
One who can shine just as bright as ones in the limelight.
One who can be free and have fun and jump into a conversation while being on the beat of a different drum.
Even when I'm insecure, I love me and I swear I'll strive to be the best me I can be.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Am... Me by Angel Gibbs )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Forced To Live Within Their Means, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- That Bold Hold, V P Mahur
- Mistakes, Delia Anna
- I'ts Not a Sin to Love You Like This..., wanderer sailor
- Psalm 096, Forrest Hainline
- Slaves To Appearances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Changes Can Be Painful, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Rain Affects Incident Light, mary douglas
- Maypole Dancing Dulcet As Spring, mary douglas
- Wish to Say Something, V P Mahur