I Am 'ME'
The path my ancestors tread, i dread
the same route i go consciously, unconsciously
To keep from this path I know not
but to live, I discover with a mighty love.
The path I chose is a
highway of respect, love and friendship
withdrawing in the middle of
the scenes were my game.
Running the race of life
in the well of fear
screaming at the shore of risk
lost, battered and vulnerable my soul was.
A shout from the fountain of my conscience,
a voice cries 'who are you'
with the roaring of a lion my spirit
replies in courage
I am ME.
Funmilayo Adebimpe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am 'ME' by Funmilayo Adebimpe )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- two green tomatoes smashed in the street.., Mandolyn ...
- Your Home., Kala Cain
- An Exotic Song, Kawa Karpo
- Worshiping with Deer, Bill Grace
- Serves Right, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- To My Best Enemy, Electric Lady
- Thy life, binod bastola