Konstantin Dmitrievich Balmont
I am the refinement of sluggish Russian speech
I am the refinement of sluggish Russian speech,
Next to me other poets are primeval,
I was the first to divert these words
Into ringing, angry, tender sounds.
I am a sudden shift,
I am playful thunder,
I am a clear brook,
I belong to all and no one.
The foamy splash, discrete and coherent,
Semi-precious stones of a unique land,
The woodland calls of a green May -
I'll grasp it all, claim it from others.
Eternally young, like a dream,
Strong with love
For myself and others,
I am refined verse.
Konstantin Dmitrievich Balmont's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am the refinement of sluggish Russian speech by Konstantin Dmitrievich Balmont )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- RISE AND FALL, Beryl Dov
- BLACK THUMB 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- WITLESS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- LEARNING FROM EXPERIENCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HUMBLE WISHES 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- LIES VS. TRUTH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- REJOICE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Against My Will, Emmanuel George Cefai
- MONEY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Sitting on the desk, Emmanuel George Cefai