Judea Mae Espanola
I Broke My Mother's Heart
I broke my mother’s heart over some guy I know,
When I refused to tell her how I need him so.
So now, my conscience, wherever I go,
Tortures my being, damns my very soul.
I broke my mother’s heart; can this be the case?
I don’t know if it’s the right time, or maybe the right place…
To tell her I love him, and he sets me free,
But she won’t understand, that I know completely.
I broke my mother’s heart, but what I didn’t know,
Is that I also broke mine when I made it so.
But damn this feeling, I can’t let him go,
So now, I live here, wand’ring without her guiding glow
Judea Mae Espanola's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Broke My Mother's Heart by Judea Mae Espanola )
- - Whole The World Told Me That I Chose T.., Ali Sabry
- - My wonderful beauty princess-, Ali Sabry
- Song For A Summer's Day, Sylvia Plath
- Moonrise, Sylvia Plath
- - Your Beauty Is Like Desert Storm-, Ali Sabry
- Prologue To Spring, Sylvia Plath
- - I Remember You in Every Word You're Sa.., Ali Sabry
- Crystal Gazer, Sylvia Plath
- Ouija, Sylvia Plath
- - I'm Very Sad Because You Aren't Ask Ab.., Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 9 - 1937)
Udiah (witness to Yah)