I Do Not Fear
I do not fear big cats or snakes or dangerous crocodile
Between where I live and they live are many a mile
Those I fear the most to me live very near
'Tis only my own species I need to fear.
I do not fear sharks or the dangerous hippo
To anywhere near where they live I never go
The species I fear most I see every day
I fear my own kind does that seem bold to say?
I do not fear venomous spiders though of them I beware
And I surely do not fear the feared polar bear
Since they live in the Artic that's far north of here
No 'tis only my own kind that I've reason to fear.
The elephant and the rhino in zoos I only see
They are not renowned killers they do not bother me
And why should I fear the dead or the dead person's ghost?
'Tis the living of my own kind that I do fear most.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Do Not Fear by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Boomerang, Michelle Claus
- Thrills and spills(Hindi translation), Thampi KEE
- What has The CPI(M) Done People Know It.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Communists Are Not At All The Good Men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Pleading to God?, Dr John Celes
- Restricted!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Seemith!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Fashion Girls, Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works 3, C Jay Caputo
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I Think of Kis.., Bijay Kant Dubey