I Dont Just Get It!
The sun rises and sets
With it I rise and rest
I toil with no rest yet many upset
Hindering my ever working insight
My breakthrough seems out of sight
I grope in the ever unending darkness no light
What do I have to do to attract the scintillating sun?
Am I not a friend of the son?
Everything I do feel like nothing done
All my friends gone to the drain
Tiring and breaking my overworked brain
Along I move with an almost motionless train
My feeling shuttering down to grains
Why would I push without gain?
An ever ending pain
Everything I consider mine is lame
Everyone I know swimming in fame
Who will help me, my heart to tame?
How will I get it to my head that am great?
Someone scream it into my head
Rub it in, force it even
That my present circumstances are not permanent
That all this are passing storms
How can I not just get it!
Tracee Olga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Dont Just Get It! by Tracee Olga )
- How Is Your Life In The Matrix?, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- That bench is my dear., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loneliness, Ashwini Annigeri
- समनि नायथाय- 25, Ronjoy Brahma
- I am not uttering, gajanan mishra
- Holy and pure, hasmukh amathalal
- For All The Love In Me, Sasha Claire Beckains
- Sick of Seeing So Much Violence on the S.., Hebert Logerie
- Tomar charan dhuli, ramesh rai
- All horizons, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Call It Music, Philip Levine
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(January 10, 1928)