I go to sleep with you in my mind only to dream of you
When words hold no meaning.
And you don't feel the same.
Am I smashed into pieces.
Do I lose lifes game?
In this pathetic world.
Do I play make believe.
Do I fool myself in thinking.
That you could love me?
And it's hear in my sorrow.
That I lay my head to rest.
Pray to forget you.
And the hole in my chest.
But you appear in my dreams.
And your always on my mind.
It's hard to forget you.
Stop, play, and rewind.
It was some mixed up confusion.
That I barely remember.
A dream I can't forget.
A snow white december.
But what has stayed in my heart.
Through this dreaming night.
Was that just like reality.
Nothing was right.
Because heres what I know.
Of this mysterious dream.
I still fell for your smile.
And you didn't love me.
'And you bent down to kiss me.
On my pure angels head.
But you ruined the moment.
With the words that you said'
'This doesn't mean I like you'
Silence Dogood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I go to sleep with you in my mind only to dream of you by Silence Dogood )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Committing To A Cause, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Webs Of Fantasy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reflecting Mistakes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- East Wind, Madathil Nair
- Priceless Worth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Something They Couldn't Steal Away, Spiritwind Wood
- Sweet Sighs, Leria Hawkins
- Goodnight Sweet Kira 3, Michael P. McParland
- The Origin of Words, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Prerna, Inspiration/ A Cup of Coffee .., Bijay Kant Dubey